Monday, May 26, 2008

Didn't I Just Say I Got It?!!!

Okay, so somebody is explaining something to you and you reply, I understand and they continue to explain. After about five minutes of them saying the same thing, you say once again, I understand, thinking maybe they didn't hear you the first time. This is really the third time now and you're pissed, now your tone and facial expression is saying it all and you are wondering if this person is stupid. Well, maybe its you! Think about this, the word understand means to comprehend. Why not say I comprehend or I overstand. Understand (to me) is the opposite. Next time you have to say I understand, tell that person you overstand or you comprehend, and watch the response you get. Whatever it is, I'm sure they won't keep explaining!

Please feel free to post comments: freshholmes@yahoo.com :)

No comments: